Documents for Divorce
We ask our client's to provide us with the following documentation:
1. Your Pay Stubs for the past 3 months, including most recent one, show itemized gross and net pay and deductions and year-to-date figures.
2. Your spouse's paycheck stubs from January 1 of the current year of the most recent stubs showing year-to-date figures (if you have them).
3. Tax Returns & W2’s copies of your joint or individual income tax returns, both state and federal, for the past three years. (Include copies of any Corporate tax returns, if you have interest in one).
4. Real Estate / Real Property: for each parcel of real property provide: 1) Deeds or other documents showing the legal description and date you acquired interest in it ; 2) Most recent mortgage statement showing total outstanding balance due and minimum monthly payment amount 3) Any appraisal that were done or other reports as to the present value of the property.
5. Bank Statements copies last three months checking or savings accounts.
6. Personal pensions (IRA’s etc.) : copies of the most recent statement showing total balance value of any IRAs or other financial investment accounts including copies of certificates of deposits.
7. Pensions through employer: whether it be a 401k pension showing total value; and/or a company defined benefit pension, showing the projected monthly amounts you are to receive in the future upon retirement age. Also need the name and address of each pension’s plan administrator .
8. Life insurance policies showing cash value, face value, loan balance and beneficiaries.
9. Motor Vehicles and Recreational Vehicles: (Include cars, trucks, snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, motorcycles, boats and motors) List of each and every motor or recreational vehicle stating for each: (1)Year make model (2) Total loan balance (3) minimum monthly payment (4) date of purchase & purchase price (5) opinion as to present value; and 6) whether you or your spouse uses the vehicle.
10. Itemized list of outstanding debts: List for each debt: (1) creditor name (2) debtor(s) name(s) stating whether you are jointly or individually liable for each debt (3) the total balance outstanding on each debt and minimum monthly payment amount and (4) whether debt is unsecured (such as credit card debt) or secured debt naming collateral.
11. Personal Property List: We want you to prepare a list with two columns, one for you and one for your spouse. Write each item of personal property and state your opinion of value for each item, and put the items in the respective columns as to who you request each item be awarded to.
12. Other Assets: Any other documentation, which shows value and existence of any other asset not already requested or mentioned above, including appraisal made of real or personal property.
13. Monthly Living Expenses : Please write down your monthly expenses to live alone, include the following itemized expenses: Mortgage or Rent, Homeowners insurance, property taxes, home maintenance, heat, water, electric, telephone, cell phone, nt for each expense listed for the total amount of your household’s living expenses.
14. Health Insurance: Any statement which verifies the cost to you of any health insurance you have in place (if through your employer, show total amount of cost to you deducted from your check and of that amount, what would it cost if you had insurance only for yourself versus the cost to cover the family).
15. Premarital or Nonmarital Property documentation: If you are claiming you owned an asset before the date of marriage OR if you inherited an asset during the marriage, provide all documentation proving the date acquired and from whom.
There may be other information and or documentation that either we, or the opposing party or the court may request you provide.
NOTE: If you do not have access to any of the above documentation, do not worry, as we do not need any of the above documentation to start your divorce action, and we may be able to obtain it later during the proceedings.
Johnson Law Firm, P.A. Call Now (218) 741-8517